UTF32 encoder/decoder – Online converter tools, Encode/Decode strings to UTF32 and vice versa with interactive UTF32 encoding algorithm by ConvertCodes.
Optional: Upload file to encode / decode
Remark: UTF32 Encode / Decode input box limit 10,000 Characters. For a large data, please convert by upload a file.
UTF32 (Unicode Transformation Format in 32 bits) is a Unicode standard encoding which encodes by one of 36-bits binary. UTF32 is a fixed length encoding because it uses 32 bits exactly the same as Unicode code points. It is different from other UTF encodings, UTF8 encode required 1-4 groups of 8 bits, UTF16 encode required 1-2 groups of 16 bits but UTF32 encode required only one group to encode all character in the world. It means that UTF32 can represent all Unicode character one by one code points value.
Pros of UTF32 encoding
- UTF32 are indexed exactly the same as Unicode code points so it consumes less CPU resource and time.
- UTF32 is a fixed length encoding, timing of operation will be constant.
Cons of UTF32 encoding
- In the opposite of CPU consuming, UTF32 consume waste of space (disk and memory) to use 4 bytes per character.
- Most character usage is in the Basic Multilingual Plane (BMP), There will be a lot of null bits to keep.
- There will be 4 times of space usage for UTF32 comparing with UTF8 and 2 times when comparing with UTF16 if most of the data contained in ASCII list.
UTF32 encode is a fixed length encoding (32bits). It is no need to make any calculation. Just mapping one by one with Unicode code points.
UTF32 decode is a fixed length decoding (32bits). It is no need to make any calculation like encoding. Just mapping one by one with Unicode code points. The prefix will be “U+” and follow with the rest of 32 binary bits.